Thursday, August 9, 2012

The weight has been lifted!

In May I had to defer my exam. At the time, I had a lot going on. In a temporary home, dealing with insurance, no internet to study, having no possessions... it was all overwhelming. So I deferred my exam which wasn't an issue.

I fell behind in the next study period. I asked if it was possible to catch up, it was only week 5 and I was sure if I got stuck into it I would be okay. The university told me that it would be unlikely that I would catch up. They told me the unit I was doing was extremely time consuming and I should probably drop it. If I chose to continue, and couldn't catch up, I would get a fail on my record. This was really hard to hear. After a week of trying to decide what to do, I dropped the unit. 

My deferred exam is creeping up at the end of the month. So I started to get organised. Then it hit me, that in all of the madness in May I'd forgotten something. I had deferred my exam, but I hadn't finished the weekly topics. I was still 2 weeks behind! After calling the university I was told I couldn't complete the topics, and if I couldn't complete the topics, I would fail the unit regardless of my exam grades. After spending hours on the phone trying to find someone with a kind bone in their body, who wasn't just following processes, I got some good news. I would have this month to complete the topics, and study for the exam!

So this week I've had my head in a book, studying from 9am until way past bed time. But I did it. Yesterday I was so determined to nail my topic test, that I spent 9am to 2pm studying for the 5 straight hours. Then I went out for dinner last night, came home and got stuck back into it and passed without one error. I was so happy!

All on course now for passing this unit! Which is the biggest relief. I slept well last night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment