Monday, November 26, 2012

Animals everywhere!

Yesterday we went to Peel Zoo. I have to say, of all the zoos that I have been to I love it the most. There aren't lions and tigers and bears (oh my!) but there is so much to see and do.



Walking in you'll be greeted by the cutest and sweetest cockatoo ever, who says "hello! what you doing?". He will also do a little dance for you. 





If you aren't holding the carpet python as soon as you enter, you're in the bird aviary with parrots and lorikeets and cockatoos and Major Mitchell on your shoulder. Then you're off into the feeding area where you can get up close with kangaroos, llamas, emus, sheep, goats and deer.





If you come at the right time, you can hold a koala or pat a Tasmanian Devil.



Or if you're my kids, you can come just as the male kangaroo is a bit randy and chasing the female around the enclosure. Then you get to see them mate. I couldn't stop laughing and Elijah wanted so desperately to pat them (he had no idea what was going on). 



They also got to see a little joey in it's mummas pouch. Eli was very fond of this one and spent almost 30 minutes patting and cuddling and kissing it. Very sweet.


Today the boys and I went to the library to get some early readers and some non fiction books. Oceans, trees and vikings were the pick of the day. It's handy having a library card. You can have 10 books for 4 weeks, so we can have up to 50 library books at one time. Today I think we took about 30 :)

I started the registration process for home education today! Then I phoned the boys school and let them know. I also let child care know that I will still use them for 1 day a week as I'd cancelled it. I must say, every single person who I've told have been so supportive! Not the reaction I was expecting at all :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment